Elena Cordiviola (Intecs)
CNIT team leader
Project web site and resources
ICSI is an FP7 STREP project co-funded by the European Commission under the ICT theme (Call 8) of DG CONNECT.
The goal of the project is to define a new architecture to enable cooperative sensing in intelligent transportation systems and to develop a reference end-to-end implementation. The project results will enable advanced traffic and travel management strategies, based on reliable and real-time input data. The effectiveness of such new strategies, together with the proposed system, will be assessed in two field trials.
CNIT is directly involved in the following activities:
- Design of the data distribution platform
- M2M protocols design in compliance with ETSI specifications
- WSN middleware design and implementation
- Security mechanisms in Vehicular communication
- Dissemination and standardization